0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2017 11:25 AM by antoine79

sigsegv on Ubuntu 16.04 when launching compiled program from codeblocks

antoine79

Hello/Hi

I recently had a bug which is I think due to the new driver for Ubuntu 16.04 and the AMD HD7870 desktop graphic cards (from the following file : "amdgpu-pro-16.60-379184.tar.xz" )

That bug occurs when I launch a new compiled executable that 'uses' the SDL 2.0.3 library under Codeblocks 16.01. I get a segmentation fault (printed in the console) whereas the GUI that was displayed when I had the generic driver shipped with Ubuntu 16.04 (: not the official from AMD I mean) doesn't appear at all. I have checked that the compiled program is run in the good directory (but is not in the good directory) and strangely, when I run the same program made with a makefile and "already located" in the good directory the program/game runs perfectly with the GUI and all.

The executable made with codeblocks is located in "/media/antoine/projetsLinux/projets/programmation/Mercenaires/Jeu/bin/Debug/" but explicitly run in:

"/media/antoine/projetsLinux/final/Mercenaires/" and the executable compiled with the makefile is located in this second mentionned directory

Here is informations that might help:

Desktop PC with dual boot Ubuntu 16.04 / Windows 10 (both of them up to date)

Graphic card: AMD HD7870 Sapphire

CPU: Intel core i5 2500

16Gb of ram

CodeBlocks v16.01

Display device SAMSUNG Screen at 1920x1080

Motherboard : Asus P8P67 Pro

Screenshot of the config screen in codeblocks

Capture du 2017-02-13 19-02-54.png

And the screen with the debugger:

Debug screen.png

Thank you.