1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 9:21 AM by amdmatt

Graphics card driver problem: gpu not recognized

username2

I have a problem with my "radeon HD 6870" graphics card.

So the problem occurred, as I remember, when the graphics card updated on its own to the newest version.

I'm guessing that the problem is some sort of driver problem but i'm not that sure of course.

The problem now is that when I try to open my pc, windows loads perfectly (as i can see and hear)

but graphics do not load meaning that a black screen is the only thing that i can see with a mouse cursor in the middle.

I tried to activate sticky keys or clicking ctrl alt delete but nothing happens.

However if i click randomly on the black screen, it seems that i can do anything including shutting down the computer.

The only thing i can do however is to enter safe mode and roll back the display driver to the standard VGA adapter.

This makes the computer work perfectly but the graphics card is not recognized.

The other parts of the computer i believe do not have an effect since they worked perfectly before.

I also tried to test another graphics card which worked like a charm.

In addition to that, i tried to download previous drivers but the same problem seems to come up!

Any suggestions on what to do?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me solve my problem as soon as possible.

• Re: Graphics card driver problem: gpu not recognized
          amdmatt

The HD6xxx series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.