15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 6:29 AM by andy707

Rx480 green screen

michele9122

Hello everybody!
      Since I bought my rx480 I had various problems. One of these happen when I play BF1 or ARK and sometimes appears a flashing green screen. Sometimes turning on and off the monitor make the green screen disappers otherwise I have to restart your computer.

Here's a video to help you understand better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzUwcybnGck

Another problem I had is that sometimes the computer began to slow, the fan goes up to1 00% and then computer restarted with a blue screen. This no longer happens but I dont know if it's related to my problem!

Do you think it's the graphic card that is faulty or it's a driver issue? I already have installed the last driver with DDU etc.Thank you very much for your help!

EDIT: System Info & new error

• Graphics Card
        • RX 480
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
      • Display Devices
        • Dell U2414H via HDMI
      • Motherboard
        • Asrock Z77 Extreme 6
      • CPU/APU
        • i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Corsair Hx650W
      • RAM
        • 16GB

New error while playing BF1:

"DirectX function "m_commandQueues[queue]-> Signal(fence, fenceValue)" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred").

• Re: Rx480 green screen
          michele9122

2.JPG

Do you think this kind of activy is normal while playing BF1?

criskette

I have this same issue. The annoying thing is that is very random, and solves after reset or turning screen off.

Please someone from AMD should help us. We have to know if it's driver issue or faulty card please. Also, a lot of people is having this green screen issue, in this forums I've seen many posts about it. Please someone from AMD tell us something.

criskette

Hello, I didn't realise it earlier, but there is an interesting fact about all this.

I have the same monitor than the OP, connected also through HDMI.

• Dell U2414H via HDMI

I have the same problem shown in the video, those green flashes.

Maybe it's not a faulty card, but some compatibility issue with the monitor?

Please if someone from AMD could address this issue as soon as possible I would be very grateful, because I requested RMA service but I prefer not to send my card away.

I am testing the card but now connected via DP (exactly via the miniDP input of the monitor), when I bought the card this connection wasn't working, maybe a driver update solved this.

I also downloaded latest drivers for the monitor form DELL.

Thank you!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  michele9122

Well that's interesting! What revision do you have of this monitor? Mine is A01.
                  I connected the monitor via HDMI because I had some problems with the DP connection (It's a known bug of this monitor).

I already requested RMA but I didn't send the card, I can test the card connected via DP to see if anything changes!

Please let me know if the issue is resolved!

Thanks

criskette

Hello,

My monitor is revA02

When I bought the graphics card the DP input wasn't working with the card, but now it's working (something to do with a driver update for the card?).

I tested it for a few hours, but the error sometimes hasn't appeared in a full week, so I can't say that is the solution.

Also, now I've had to go back to hdmi connection due to steam link, because if the monitor is connected via DP it doesn't work.

At least we are going somewhere. If AMD could look into this issue and tell us if it can be a monitor related issue it would be very helpful. I also downloaded latest drivers for the monitor, I don't know if that will help, but I will report here my experience.

Good luck!

criskette

Hello, how is your problem? The green flashing screen appeared just now to me, reset solved the issue, I'm updating crimson drivers to last beta version and keep testing, if the problem keeps appearing, I think I must send the card to RMA.

miggy

I too have this same problem and I am just using a standard HDMI TV display connected to my RX480. As this question was nearly a year ago, it looks like AMD still have not gotten to the bottom of it. I am tending to think it is hardware related at this point. If I get my card replaced is it just going to keep on doing the same thing?

criskette

Hello, just solved the issue a few weeks ago.

The problem I had was related with the monitor (Dell brand) NOT THE GRAPHICS CARD.

Uninstalling the dell display manager program solved the issue.

andy707

I'm experiencing something similar to OP :

• Rare green screen issue mostly while playing a game [ ✓ ]
                            • Dell monitor [ ✓ ]
                            • Dell Display Manager [ ✓ ]
                            • RX 480 [ ✓ ]

I have been ignoring it, since it occurs rarely and thought it was a driver issue. Gonna uninstall Dell display manager and check whether this issue repeats again.