1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2017 11:26 AM by kingfish

Crimson driver crashes PC during installation at the "Installing AMD Display Adapter" phase...

rielfox

Have the RX 480 here, Crimson drivers won't install at all, always resulting at a computer freeze during the "Installing AMD Display Adapter" phase...

I was happily running Crimson 16.12.2 until the software suggested me to update to 17.1.2. Got a freeze during the installation. Got AMD cleanup utility but it froze too. Worked in safe mode, though. Downloaded 17.1.2 again for Windows 10 x64 for RX 400 series, same thing. Decided to try the version I had previously, 16.12.2, clean install, freezing at the same spot as well. I also tried Guru 3D display driver uninstaller, which works but the Crimson driver installation will crash the PC either way.

Can't install in safe mode because it says that driver is unsigned, and after disabling signature verification, it says that the hardware detection driver cannot start so it fails.

I'm stuck without GPU drivers any way I try. Any suggestions?

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel i7 2600K @ 3.40 GHz

8GB DDR3 Ram @ 2166 MHz

A month-old new Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ which has not been tampered in any way

Thanks in advance!