4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 5:09 PM by mjpbmp

RX 480 audio dont work

andrea382

Hello, i've buyed a new XFX RX 480 GTR Edition, i've installed it but since it my rear onboard sound wont work (there is A LOT of noise but nothing is working) and my front panel from the case wont work but there is no noise.

Thats my pc, except the 480:

-i5 6500

-msi b150m pro dh

-16 gb ram ddr4

-120 gb ssd sanddisk

-1 tb hdd wd

-500 watt psu

I've tried:

-Using old Crimson drivers

-Reinstall the Realtek drivers and using different version

-On the services check what the audio service from windows was doing (yes, it works fine)

-Check the "On board audio" on the BIOS

-Change from windows 7 from windows 10(what i'm using now)

I dont know what to think.

• Re: RX 480 audio dont work
          mjpbmp

I am sorry you are having trouble with your audio.  It is a little unclear when you mentioned this:  -On the services check what the audio service from windows was doing (yes, it works fine)

Is the audio working fine under certain circumstances?  Does it work fine after you take out the new card and replace the old one?  Usually the video card and audio device unless you are using up all the PCI-e lanes offered by the m/b manufacturer.  Are there any other devices in the PCI slots?

Your board also has onboard graphics via the intel chipset.  There may be conflicts there that are impacting the system.  Turn the onboard graphics off.

Michael

andrea382

No, i mean that the audio service from Windows is running fine. There are no other device in the PCI slots. I think that the problem can be the PSU and maybe the connection between the six pin and the 8 pin of the GPU, can it be?

Anyway the onboard GPU is off, i've checked everything.

mjpbmp

Here is what you should do if you want to play sound through the HDMI connection.  In your task bar, right click the sounds icon and choose "sounds."  Choose the playback tab and ensure the       AMD high definition device you have connected is chosen.  I have attached a picture for my computer and the onboard sound is on top and the monitor I have hooked up via the HDMI port is the second one down.  Let me know if selecting the device works.

Michael

Sound.PNG

Do you mean the audio system on the HDMI port of RX 480 or your motherboard?