2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2017 10:44 AM by threepwood

AMD Radeon R9 290 Powercolour

threepwood

Hello Community!

At first i need to say my english is bad so i explain it the best way i can.

I have Following problem:

For 2 Day´s ago i deletet my completly harddisk.I installed a completly new Original Windows version (Windows 8 Pro).I installed Windows new becaus my Graphiccard was Overheated in my game "Verdun".So i hope this card is not destroyed.Its a very good card.

Now after i installed Windows the system the Toolmanager doesnt recognizes my Graphic-card.

The toolmanager shows me only a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and not my R9 290 like before.

What can i do that Windows accept my card...i tryed a lot to get this working and searched the completly internet but nothing helped me.

I hope someone here can help me.....And i repeat its really possible that my card is destroyed because overheating , but i dont really know.

After i installed windows is "everything" deleted...driver etc...

I dont know what to do anymore...

Hope to get help

My Rig:

Intel Core i5 4460 4x3,2GHZ

Mainboard:H81M plus

8GB ram ddr3 1800mhz

amd radeon r9 290

Regards

• Re: AMD Radeon R9 290 Powercolour
          kingfish

There are no drivers for Win8. AMD or Microsoft does not support it. Upgrade for free to Win8.1. Then you will have a fully functional/supported OS.

• Re: AMD Radeon R9 290 Powercolour
              threepwood

Okay i patched Windows 8 pro to full version 8.1 now.

The toomanager shows me the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" again.Th toolmanager cant find my card....When i try to install now the Radeon driver my Pc get a Blackscreen when he is on that point to Install the "AMD-Screen driver".Suddenly the Monitor is black and i need to restart.

Its possible that i deleted that Graphiccard ?

I installed every driver ...chip,mainboard,HDD,DVD etc...

I tryed to deinstall that Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and after that installing the Radeon driver but it crash all time.

And i found in the tool manager that my "Videocontroller(VGA-compatibel)" have a question mark now.

I need a driver special for my Videocontroller?