2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2017 8:29 AM by singular9

17.1.2 Drivers Break PWM Header on MOBO

singular9

So i have an asrock z170m extreme 4, and after installing the latest 17.1.2 drivers (up from previous version 16) it breaks my cha1 fan header and it wont run in pwm. I thought it was a bios update but after rolling back bios, and trying all sorts of fan combos and tweaks i did a system restore to a point before 17.1.2 and voila fans work in PWM mode.

Funny thing is cha2 fan header PWM works just fine. I just installed 17.1.2 and cha1 stopped working again so i guess im rolling back to 16 while i wait fora fix.

Anyone else have this issue? This is really weird and before you say its not amd drivers, its the only thing that fixes the fan header is rolling back to crimson version 16.

• Re: 17.1.2 Drivers Break PWM Header on MOBO
          pejck

So you did a system restore to get back to the previous driver version? What happens if you do a fresh install instead? I used to have fan issues after installing a GPU drivers, but a BIOS update fixed my problem: Bizzare CPU fan bug after installing Radeon drivers

• Re: 17.1.2 Drivers Break PWM Header on MOBO
              singular9

I read your post that you linked. I supprisingly had a similar issue. My GPU, Sapphire nitro+ OC rx480 had the issue. After letting my PC sit idle overnight it wouldn't obey any fan controls or spool up of the temps were even 85c. Only a reboot would make them work and after being idle the GPU fans would again stop functioning. As a matter of fact I even got BSOD trying to force a fan stress test in trixx software. Uninstalled trixx and using wattman only now and all is good!

Back to this issue. This isn't a CPU fan issue is a case fan issue. But I get what you're saying. I have not clean installed version 17 of the drivers. And only will if the next mandatory driver update doesn't work. But I just updated to v17 and she issue so I'm sticking to v16 of the drivers. I also ordered some new 4 pin fans to see if that will make a difference because I'm using 3pin pwm on 4 pin headers. It's not BIOS because this happened after I have been running latest BIOS.