0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 10:15 AM by gngeorgiev

RX 480's control panel causes my freesync monitor's (AOC G2460PF) driver to be installed/uninstalled in an endless loop

gngeorgiev

Hey guys I have a kinda strange problem which I am encountering for the first time in my life, any help will be greatly appreciated.

As the title said when I open my AMD Controll panel this causes my monitor drivers to go haywire. Here's what happens:

1. If I open the control panel, my monitor goes black and in a few seconds everything is back to normal, except that the two monitors are swapped (one is freesync the other one is just a normal monitor).

2. If I open the Display tab in the control panel the monitors start to go crazy. Basically changing the resolutions and positions in an infinite loop. You can see this video: https://goo.gl/photos/HYHiDJqSEBoaHEa97. In th background you can hear the windows sound of *found a new driver* and then *installed a new driver*(not in the video since I was on headphones). All of this does not stop.

3. If I have the control panel installed even if I don't open it after a few minutes of normal work the same thing from the video starts happening. No apparent reason.

4. If I don't install the control panel, everything works great.

Notes:

* I have installed the AOC beta driver as suggested in another post here.

* This happens both with version 16 and version 17 of the drivers.

* I can't turn off freesync to check if that's the problem since when I open the setting I need to reboot the PC.

* After this happens and I reboot the PC sometimes the driver is uninstalled, when I reboot it again, it's back.

* Happens on Windows 10 and 8.1.

I have no more ideas guys, I would like to use the control panel if possible.

Thank you in advance.