3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 2:05 PM by moonstar

I can't seem to update my GPU without windows 10 randomly restarting while it installing them + black screen while gaming that doesn't go away

whitemagetifa

I know it a long title but i got a bit of an issue i have an ibuypower computer its specs is as follows got it from the walmart site where i got it from btw

• iBUYPOWER Gamer WA583R7
        AMD Eight-Core FX-8320 Vishera Processor
        3.50GHz (with a max turbo speed 4.0GHz), 8MB Cache

• 8GB system memory (Expandable up to 16GB)
        Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

• 1TB hard drive
        Store up to 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of video and more

• 24x double-layer DVD+/-R/RW/CD-R/RW drive
        Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

• 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
        Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet

• AMD Radeon RX-460 Graphics
        2GB of dedicated graphics memory.

MSI motherboard 760gma-p34 (FX) ( its model no is MS-7641 (v5.1)

Now with my issue. you see the RX  tends to make a black screen at random times while gaming on my MMO i play final fantasy 14 i play on high settings i don't know if playing on high is too much for it but i get 60 FPS so i wouldn't think that be the issue  when the black screen happens  usually you hear  corrupted music with a black screen and is forced to restart your computer by holding down the button. it very annoying it does it random and out of no were.

I'm useing the AMD drivers it came on the CD that came with the computer it just saids  im using beta.  i was thinking mmm i should update them using  one of the new drivers i try both that it had display. as well as  the old 16.5 one that people been talking about and every singel one of them would start installing the screen will go black once like nornal GPU driver up dates then it will just randomly restart and one time had a black screen of death after the windows logo and this 2nd time i try to update drivers it just wend right in to windows repair so i got to do a system restore  that only thing it save me from not having to  use my reinstall dis and have to redo my whole computer again thanks to the drivers.

I can't update my drivers i can hardly play my game  I just don't know what to do or am i doing somthing wrong? i really need help please.