I would recommend contacting Acer about this issue, as perhaps your monitor's firmware needs updating to resolve this flickering issue with FreeSync.
I have contacted ACER, and mine already has the latest firmware installed. Is there any more updates to this issue? I really want to get this working. It really sounds to me like a driver issue or something.
I'll open a ticket with engineering to see if we can repro the issue. Please provide the below information and attach (do not copy and paste) your DXDIAG report to your next response.
How do I attach the text file?
When you click reply there is an attach button in the box, bottom right hand corner.
Matt, here is the info. I have also attached the DxDiag txt file. Thank you for staying with me and helping me out!
Edit: some of the bullet points got erased when I submitted it for some reason..
Describe your system:
- 2x Sapphire R9 290X Tri-x OC 4GB (Currently not overclocked)
- Windows 10 64bit
- Crimson ReLive 17.2.1
- Acer XF240H 1920x1080 @ 144hz w/ DP (120hz w/ DVI)
- Asus P8Z68 V-PRO
- Intel I5-2500K
- Corsair HX850i 850W Platinum
- 16 GB RAM
Describe your issue:
- Experiencing screen jittering, flickering, artifacts, and loss if input signal when using DP.
- Tried using four different brand new DP cables, and ensured they were fully seated
- Tried removing one GPU, and tried using the other PCI slots
- Switched to the second GPU, used other PCI slots and problem still persists across both GPUs and all PCI slots
- Hooked monitor up to a different desktop with an Nvidia GPU with DP, flawless 144 hz output with all cables. This tells me its not the cables or the monitor that have a problem.
- Tried using other refresh rates (30, 60, 120); doesn't seem to help
DxDiag.txt.zip 15.1 KB