11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2017 6:27 AM by wrecklesslegion

Sapphire R9 390 freeze, black screen, no signal.

wrecklesslegion

Hi guys i was wondering if someone on here could help me with an issue i have, during some games my screen will freeze, then turn black and finally i get a no signal message on my monitor, this had solely been happening with BF1 until now, steam was offering a free weekend for rainbow six siege after a couple of games with my friends the issue struck, i could still hear my friends in Skype and they could hear me but my monitor was saying no signal this has happened before like a mentioned on BF1 where i get a mixture of this error and the delightful directx crashes.

I have however not encountered this with any of my other games even some of my other more demanding games Witcher 3 for example, my temperatures in game seem to be OK, with BF1 my CPU runs about 55 degrees and my GPU 55-60 degrees i am unsure of the temperatures during rainbow six siege but my GPU fans are programmed to turn on whenever my GPU goes above 60 degrees and with my PC being right next to me i hear when they turn on and they did not during my RSS session.

My specs are as followed.

OS - Windows 10 fully up to date.

GPU driver - 17.1.1 (have tried every drive since last August and problem still persists on BF1 with both issues Directx and the no signal)

CPU - i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz

RAM - 16GB Dual Channel

MB - ASRock H170A-X1/3.1

Graphics - ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Nitro 8GB (Sapphire) running at 1040 MHz (factory overclock)

PSU - EVGA 600W silver 80+

I had believed that the freeze, black screen and no signal were always to do with the BF1 directx crashes but since it happened on RSS it appears to be a combination of possibly 2 issues, any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.