0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2017 9:25 AM by espodude

Radeon RX 460 failing on Dell Optiplex 990

espodude

HI everyone, I am in desperate need of help.  I picked up a Dell optiplex 990 i5 2400 3.4 Quad Core,  I popped in there a stick of 8GB of ram.  I also swapped the power supply with a more powerful one that  i had on my older gaming tower, as well as adding the Radeon RX 460 4GB by just snapping it into the motherboard port, No powersupply cord needed. Now on paper it sounds like this would be a pretty powerful gaming tower, but i am having numerous issues.

1) When playing in game i have massive stuttering spikes and "lagging" while in animated scenes and loud electronic buzzing noise coming from the speakers, only when playing games. Its unplayable.

2) At times after trying to load into the game, it would crash to the desktop and it would say either that the game was blocked from accessing the video card and or that "Radeon Wattman" failed.

I will like to add that the game i am trying to play is The Forest, which my older Duo Core tower, using the same powersupply and video card was able to with medium to high graphics with ease. I have all the drivers installed, for the motherboard, video card and processor. I have tried starting with a fresh install of Windows 10, with no drivers installed, same issue. So i don't believe its a driver issue. I am currently still on Win 10 64Bit.

Any help would be highly appreciated.