5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2017 1:37 AM by colesdav

AMD TUF INSIDE -- Updated and rebuilt

mjpbmp

IMG_0577.JPG

Inside.JPG

[The above picture is before and I saw many of your systems loaded and I was embarrassed how sloppy this build is.  So, I tore it down and the following pictures are what it is now like inside.]

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

[Above is about 80% stripped down so I could put it back together a little more organized.  Next is the image with it back together with and without the video card]

IMG_0591.JPG

[Look at how clean this looks now.  You can even see my shows on the floor through the case...  ]

IMG_0594.JPGIMG_0595.JPGIMG_0597.JPG

I do have more drives than listed below.  The bottom two are two 1TB WD 7200 HDD's in RAID 10.  Above that is a SATAII SSD devoted to SUSE Linux running inside a virtual box.  This was a budget build and will have three RX470's when done.

GamingMOde.JPG

Description

Mid tower case with AMD FX processor and RADEON RX 470 Gaming.  It is a wee bit over clocked!  Runs very stable at Core multi = 23 and NB multi = 12.

I was able to get this up to 4900MHz but it was not completely stable so it is backed down to 4615MHz and staying cool with fan speeds that are reasonably quiet for an overclocked rig.  Recently I have been playing Ashes of the Singularity in DirectX12.  I play at high settings in 12 with no issues.  DirectX11 has issues with erratic frame rates and I notice a huge difference with the game over 12.  Very steady 55 average FPS game play at CPU stock settings and the 1 RX470 card at stock settings.

Capture.PNG

The nice feature of this board are the temperature sensors across the m/b that will control fan speeds based upon temperature settings.

Capture2.PNG

Specifications

CPUFX 8370
      CoolerCorsair H100i V2
      MotherboardASUS TUF SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0
      MemoryG.SKILL RIPJAWS 2133 32GB KIT
      GraphicsMSI RADEON RX 470 GAMING 8GB
      Disc Drive 1240 GB HYPERX PREDATOR M.2 2280 PCIe G2 x4
      Disc Drive 2240GB SCANDISK SSD
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSUCORSAIR RM1000X GOLD
      CaseCORSAIR CARBIDE 400R