0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 2:30 AM by yaso

Firepro M5950 keeps crashing from various updates

yaso

Hi I'm posting this here after trying many things to get my video card properly working.

My laptop:

AMD Firepro M5950

HP Elitebook 8560w

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Driver version(s) tried: 16.Q1, 15.2, 14.3, 13.2

Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2.00GHz

8GB RAM (2x 4GB)

The problem:

One day I fired up my laptop only to see it go to a BSoD with the message that the drivers stopped working and COULD NOT be restored. After severel restarts it still crashed every time. I then tried to run my dualbooted linux install and it always went to a black screen, every time after a restart I got a black screen. I then tried getting into linux via live cd's, nothing, always got a black screen. At first I thought it was a Linux problem so I wiped the Linux partition and guess what, I still got BSod's.

Solutions tried:

So I then started fixing the display drivers. I got into a continues cycle of going into safe mode, deleting the display driver then restart into normal mode and install the drivers again. I let windows automatically update it, it gave me version 14.3, still crashed, I tried the latest 16.Q1, 15.2, 14.3 and 13.2 and everytime I get the BSoD. I used DDU to do the clean installs but it made no difference at all. Days have past and I'm quite at my wit's end. And I still can't get into Linux live cd's so there's that. Is there a solution to this issue? I need my laptop or school...

Thanks in advance, YaSo