2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 11:58 AM by nathan57971

R9 380 doesn't put Monitor into Standby mode

nathan57971

I'm currently using a Gigabyte R9 380 and my computer is set to turn off display after 5minutes on inactivity which it has no problem doing so. The thing is after display turns off I get a no signal on the monitor which is normal, then instead of the monitor going into standby, the power LED instead of turning amber, stays white and I have a black screen which is backlit. I have a GTX 970 and I don't have this issue with that card. The monitor is a Asus MX239H and has 2HDMI ports and 1vga. This isn't an issue on a different monitor with a DVI connection. The cable I'm using is a DVI to HDMI cable which was included with the monitor.

I tested with the latest stable amd drivers(Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2), again with the latest beta drivers(Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.2), did a clean install of windows 10 on another ssd and the problems still persists. this only happens with the AMD card. I also tried a dvi cable with dvi to hdmi connector and that did not help either.

Have I missed a setting somewhere in radeon settings? I read that if connected via HDMi it will recognise the monitor as an HDTV so the monitor won't enter standy mode, but my nvidia card doesn't have a problem. Can anyone help me with this?

PC specs

Motherboard Asus Z97-A

Intel 4690k

DDR3 16gb Ram

Windows 10 64bit

Asus MX239H