10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 12:00 PM by wrecklesslegion

BF1 Directx AMD issue or Dice issue?

wrecklesslegion

Can i get some clarification please, since the launch of BF1 i have been having constant random DirectX errors that crash my whole computer the majority of the time(only happens when playing BF1 all other games run fine) at first i was told it was a driver issue that both AMD and NVIDIA had, i was then informed that AMD had fixed any related errors with their new drivers yet my game kept crashing so i came on here and made a post, i was given some tips with certainly helped reduce the frequency of crashes but they still persisted and was informed i would have to wait for Dice to update their game as it was an issue their end.

A few game updates down the line and i'm still having the DirectX crashes, tried every driver since the launch period of BF1 and even some before it's release date without any luck. I have spent hours and hours trying to find a way to fix this, i can find little information regarding this issue from Dice/EA and the information i do find is in relation to NVIDIA users nothing regarding AMD users.

So if someone from AMD on here could please clarify where this issue is coming from, is it a driver issue or a game issue.

The error i get is "directx function "DX11 Renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. ")."This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 2GB."

My specs are CPU i5 6500 running at 3.20GHz, RAM 16GB dual channel DDR4, Motherboard ASRock H170A-X1/3.1,GPU Sapphire R9 390 Nitro 8GB running at 1920/1080 at 100Hz, Monitor is an acer GN246HLBbid 24 inch FHD LED Gaming monitor, OS Windows 10 (fully updated)

Any help regarding my problem would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me insane, sometimes i can go for days without a single crash then like yesterday i had about 5, 4 of which required me to hard reset my PC.