3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2017 7:58 AM by amdmatt

RX-480  Older games exit to black screen

sharkfood99

Greetings,

My RX-480 8GB is working perfectly with no problems in all my modern games... it's running great without any problems!

Some of my older games though, when you finally exit the game- it's a black screen.  Windows/Steam is still running (as I can "hear" from hotkeys or even stickykeys by tapping correctly) but even CTRL-ALT-DEL wont help and the only way I can recover is to tap the power button once and wait for a clean shutdown, then power back on again.

Games such as Need For Speed:Shift, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and a handful of other older games.   I've tried different resolutions, Compatibility mode on the EXE, you name it.  Still exits to black screen.

Any tips?  My system:

Desktop

Sapphire Nitro+ RX-480 8GB (happens in Crimson 16.11.5 all the way through ReLive 17.1.2, and all in between)

Windows 10 64-bit

I'm on HDMI to a Samsung 55" LED TV with 1920x1080

Asus P8Z77V-LK, i7-2600K, 16GB DDR-1333 (2x8GB sticks)

Corsair CX750-M Power Supply

Again, this system is flawless and a dedicated game box, which only has: Windows 10, Steam, Origin, Sapphire TRIXX app, and a ton of games in Steam/Origin.  Nothing else.

I submitted a ticket to AMD in hopes of a bug-fix but also would love a work-around as I do love to play my older games that on the R7-370 I had in here previously worked without problem.

Thanks in advance!