1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 12:40 PM by redfury

Radeon Pro WX4100 and multiple monitors with multiple resolutions ??

godzich

Hi,

Have been using the R9 280X before successfully with the following configuration - and would continue with this also using the WX4100:

Monitor 1: Display Port; 3840 x 2160 pixels

Monitor 2: Digital DVI port: 2560 x 1440 pixels

Monitor 3: Digital DVI port: 1920 x 1200 pixels

I'm trying to do the same with the Radeon Pro WX4100. It has 4 mini DP ports. Same monitors, same cables, but naturally using mini-DP to DVI adapter cables (that came with the GPU) for monitors 2 and 3. When connecting monitor 1 using DP cable it is not recognized at all (dark). Can get picture to all three monitors is running all three of them with mini DP to DVI adapters. BUT - cannot get full resolution on the displays.

W*F is going on? Has this to do with too few on-board clock generators? I had a hard time to get this to work on the R9 280X due to the fact that it only has two clock generators and these must and can be used both with the DVI port connected monitors - if they have different pixel clock frequencies. Then the DP port connected to a DP enabled monitor uses whatever way of sending the data (addressable without clock)???

Come on, the Radeon Pro WX4100 is a PROFESSIONAL board?!  Where can I find proper documentation or data on the LIMITATIONS of these four DP port outputs? Or can anybody share some info here? I am probably not the only one struggling with this? One would assume that such modern technology works at least as good as the former generation of GPU's ??!

Are the DP ports all equal on the GPU?

Highly appreciate any info about this?! Sitting here and cannot continue with my work.... ANYONE???

Sincerely,

Christian