1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 10:51 AM by zero306

Rx 480 D3D11.dll caused an access violation, Cannot play any games

titan_rx

Hello I recently purchased an XFX Radeon Rx480 GTR Black Edition 8gb graphics card. I ran games okay for about 2 days and then games started to crash. I primarily play Rust and I will post the error log below. The game will run in DX12 and DX9 versions (12 is unstable and a test for rust and 9 is old and looks terrible). The game will start loading after selecting a server then go to black screen and crash when running in normal mode (dx11).

I have removed old drivers and updated to the newest, tried using older drivers, I even wiped my whole PC and now have a fresh windows Install and the game is still crashing. I have tested other games as well such as The culling, GTA V and Battlefield 1 and all of them crash. I tried some of the wattman "fixes" some people posted but with no success. i have tried troubleshooting this on my own and with forums but It has been 3 days of troubleshooting with no progress and I am a bit disappointed after spending $300 on a new amd gfx card. I would appreciate any assistance in this matter as my work schedule does not allow for much gaming time so this down time is killing me. Below are my system specs and error and attached is my full error log

d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module d3d11.dll at 0033:40a190f4.

Windows 10 Pro

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P

CPU - FX 6300 Six-Core OC'd to 4.4ghz (Do not believe the OC is the problem based on the error)

GPU- XFX Radeon RX480 GTR Black Edition 8gb

16gb RAM

WD 1TB mechanical HD

Antec 80 Plus Bronze  500w power supply

UPDATE:  I removed my RX-480 and put my R7 360 back in and everything works fine. Would this indicate a fault with the card?