3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 4:17 AM by redfury

Sapphire RX480 Nitro - HDMI dual monitor problem

denyph

I have a problem when connect dual monitors into HDMI port (Connect 2 monitors into HDMI port using VGA to HDMi converter) It's alaways blinking.

This issue doesn't occurs, when only using 1 monitor.

Hardware & Software :

• Graphic Card : Sapphire RX480 Nitro 4GB
      • VGA Driver : Radeon Software Version 6.12.2
      • Monitor : 2x (Dell E170S) Resolution 1280 x 1024
      • Connector : VGA Cable + HDMI to VGA Converter
      • Operating System : Windows 10 64bit

See attachment "Video Problem.mp4" to see problem details.

Please, help me to solve this problem. Thank you very much.

• Re: Sapphire RX480 Nitro - HDMI dual monitor problem
          redfury

1.If you are using two VGA to HDMi converters, you must try one DVI to VGA or DP to VGA adapter + one of yours VGA to HDMi converters

Try driver reinstallation:

2.Leave only one monitor for this operation

3.Delete C:\AMD folder

4.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 or 17.1.1 driver Windows 10 (64-bit)

5.Then reboot and plug your second monitor and check that win10 has installed correct driver for each monitor

• Re: Sapphire RX480 Nitro - HDMI dual monitor problem
            santelfon

Today i  bought Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 8GB.When i am playing on my pc monitor(lg 1080p via HDMI2.0) everything is great(The card is really powerfull at 1080p.There is no game that can stress this card@1080).But when i am trying to connect a second monitor(samsung ku6000 4k 43" via HDMI2.0) everything just falling apart.First i had the same problem with you.I tried a diferrent HDMI port on my TV and the flickering stopped.But there are more issues.Until today i was using an nvidia card(gtx660ti and i was able to  connect my 4k tv with no issues(3840x2160,hdr enabled(10bit),60hz,).With rx480 the reccomended resolution is 4096x20160,although my tv isn't supposed to support this resolution,hdr is not available,also I noticed some weird white pixels flickering at some points(due to refresh rate i suppose).At radeon additional settings i noticed that the maximum reported refresh rate was 75hz although i have set my TV at 60hz.When i am trying 4k gaming while both monitors are connected(via HDMI) some games stuck at loading(alt+enter sometimes helps).I found some workaround for some games(i put the monitors to extended mode,i start the game at pc screen and i change to 4K TV through the game's video options,but this isn't feasible with every game e.g Fifa).At some forums they suggest to use displayport instead of HDMI.I am gonna try it soon and i will post the results.