7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 6:10 PM by red_lord

AMD RX 460 drivers stop working after restarting computer

red_lord

I do a fresh install of my drivers, completely remove the old one(s), and then reinstall it. This works for the immediate restart, the one you do to apply the install, however, if I restart it, say in the morning once I get up to use it, every game and certain videos lag visually, however the audio is fine. Dxdiag does not find anything wrong, and I have installed the drivers using a few different installers, and then through device manager. I do not wish to have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers every day, so a solution would be nice.

• Re: AMD RX 460 drivers stop working after restarting computer
          kingfish

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

ray_m

Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
            • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
          • Desktop or Laptop System
            • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
          • Operating System
            • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
          • Driver version installed
            • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
          • Display Devices
            • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
            • One line for each display device connected
          • Motherboard
            • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe
          • CPU/APU
            • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
          • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
            • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
          • RAM
            • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
          • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
          • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
              red_lord

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.

System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/26/15 18:42:03 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: n/a

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8088MB RAM

Card name: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67EF)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67EF&SUBSYS_22DD1458&REV_CF

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 8088 MB

Dedicated Memory: 4044 MB

Shared Memory: 4044 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: DELL SE2417HG

Monitor Id: DELD08D

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Driver Name: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0310456.inf_amd64_54a99fe241bea5ba\aticfx64.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0310456.inf_amd64_54a99fe241bea5ba\aticfx64.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0310456.inf_amd64_54a99fe241bea5ba\aticfx64.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0310456.inf_amd64_54a99fe241bea5ba\amdxc64.dll

Driver File Version: 21.19.0397.32768 (English)

Driver Version: 21.19.411.0

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1

Driver Model: WDDM 2.1

Graphics Preemption: Primitive

Compute Preemption: DMA

Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported

Power P-states: Not Supported

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 13-Jan-17 10:00:00 AM, 1588984 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-24AF-11CF-E8F7-500373C2D835}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x67EF

SubSys ID: 0x22DD1458

Revision ID: 0x00CF

Driver Strong Name: oem19.inf:cb0ae414b9981d45:ati2mtag_Polaris11DS:21.19.411.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_67ef&rev_cf

Rank Of Driver: 00D12000

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

The Issue I have cannot be replicated. When I attempt to play games, any game at all, high def models to 2D old games, the result is the same. The game lags beyond belief and no number of turning the computer off and on again fixes it, nor doing a fresh install of the drivers.

red_lord

FYI, the graphics card is reinstalling the drivers whenever I uninstall them. I cannot turn it off, and I can't install the drivers from the auto detect fast enough.

red_lord

The Graphics card that is messing up is the AMD RX 460

mrblackdragon

I'm having the exact same issue as you,  I've searched many forums and many threads and have found no solution so far.  Here is a thread I created on a separate forum with all the things I have tried.

My graphics become choppy every time I restart my computer. Every time I When I restart my computer I have to reinstall the drivers for my graphics card to make everything run smooth again. I've checked the device manager and the display drivers are up to date. I've also checked through AMD Radeon settings, to confirm the driver is still installed. This problem makes games unplayable(5-15 FPS), and even web browsing very unpleasant. To make this a little more unique, I've noticed that when i move my cursor over about a 2 x 2 area of my DESKTOP, the cursor slows waaay down and gets really choppy until I've cleared that area of the desktop and then moves normally again. This particular bug only happens on the desktop, not on a webpage or any other program.

To be clear, the only way to temporarily fix this is to uninstall my display driver, and then reinstall it. After I restart my computer all of these symptoms return until I reinstall the drivers again.

Things I've tried:

Anything and everything from this and other websites with a similar problem

DDU

installing older display drivers

I've checked which PCI slot it is plugged into

Re-installing windows

A little extra info:

This is a new Crucial 500GB SSD with a fresh install of windows.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5

CPU: Intel i5 4690K

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce Radeon RX 460 Graphics

Any help would be appreciated

red_lord

I seem to have fixed it, by deleting all of the AMD files in Local Files C:. There are three, one in Local Files C:, then there should be on in Program Files and Program Files (x86), but if there are only two, in Local Files C: and Program Files, it should still work. Delete all of these, and then install the drivers again. ALL of them need to be removed, and if it cannot delete one, then restart your computer and try again. The file CNext caused some problems for me, but if you go into the folder and delete from within, and keep going if more arise, you should be fine. Once all are gone, either the graphics card will auto install for you, or use one of the autodetect utilities from the AMD website.

1 of 1 people found this helpful