5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 4:40 AM by cgameing

Screen flicker linux

vahe-91

Radeon R7 240, Ubuntu 16.04.

After amdgpu-pro driver installation screen began to flicker. Please help to solve this problem.

• Re: Screen flicker linux
          cgameing

Entire screen flicker? Personally im only getting mouse flicker when using two gpu's.

Can you tell me what kernal your using (run the command uname -r)

vahe-91

kernel 3.10 on Centos, 4.4 on Ubuntu.

see attached file

http://rgho.st/private/6yJgtJ4tW/af299419db930734c689375e19b0a69d

cgameing

Tried my r7-240 and when i payed closer attention, I saw some of these artifacts, they tend to only happen on animations, but no artifacts on 460.

Can confirm, issues presented above.

julio.mejia

Hi, I also have a problem with this video card, and is that when I wanted to run a program to mine zcash and this when running it I throw this error OpenCL error: Failed to list OpenCL platforms! (Unknown OpenCL error -1001) Then when Install the drivers at the end shows me this "Errors were encountered while processing:  /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-lkRMKY/29-libvdpau1_1.1.1-3ubuntu1_amd64.deb E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"  I finish installing the drivers and restart appears All ok but the card is still not recognized by the system then run sudo apt-get -f install So the system finishes installing what is missing so that "The drivers work", The installation finishes well apparently and the system asks to restart but before I execute the program to mine and it shows me a different error:  [warning] Failed to list devices of platform 0: "CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND" Ignoring this platform. [2017-03-15 20:11:05.517] [error] Found no matching devices! Quitting! Then restart the system and restart the screen with multiple squares and does not allow to see anything well, And the mining program has this error:  2017-03-15 20:20:57.086] [error] Found device with 32-bit addressing. You need to set the environment variable 'GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1'! And at this moment the graphic system does not present 3d acceleration And i can only see those frames as the image shows so that everything returns to normal, I have to uninstall the drivers and that's it I come back with the drivers that come with the system that are the only ones that work.

flickers.jpg

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  cgameing

I had this issue to, however it did not occur when I dident have the proprietary drivers installed, or when I added my rx 460 to run a second monitor. However the issue only effected my wallpaper in ubuntu gnome 16.04 (which may not be supported as of yet)