7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 2:10 PM by ifixit

Do not by the new Godvari APU's!! Warning to all.

ifixit

Just don't buy them, Far out, 60 degree's idle, 71.3 ish is the max for my particular NEW godvari apu according to spec sheets. It's 25 degree's in here ambient and cpu and fan professionally installed by an IT professional ME. It, max speed Kirk!

2 cores working in some boards. Sata 4-7 not functioning..that could be MB issue

PCIe bus reporting 8x god actually is the only one that knows the truth there

But the cpu issues. Cannot stress test cpu without it overheating and the pc dieing, then there is the random blue screen crash dumps and hard resets required for no reason at all. just reading stuff on the net or go to open some thing. Stress testing, cpu it went down under it's 36x stock speed, cores shutting down and massive overheating with the supplied CPUFAN. 4 pin. WHERE WERE THE FKN HEATPIPES AMD?

This cpu is the worst cpu I ever saw, I have installed and testedf CPU's since amd's first ones.. in the 80's, infact come Tuesday(LW here) it's getting swapped out and so is the motherboard, NEW from GB which is supposed to support this APU , never again.

Trust me I know what's bad and good, this CPU cannot perform, it's a Trump, you know lots of advertising and sounds great, till you buy in and get one. Then you see it falls over at the slightest thing.

** Deleted by Moderator **

From an IT professional(retired).

For small business owners PC guys, save yourself a support, returns and customer hassel. This sort of rubbish going on will lead to more headaches for you than it's worth, and you will be tied up with several issues to resolve, if you come across anyone with half a head of knowledge on PC's. That's mainly the warning for the resellers out there, i'm retired, it was a simple setup for me, I've had little help from AMD, well NONE. Gigabyte pretty good actually, but this, I've done some serious build time, 100,000's..understand the volume i'm talking, and size of the large OEM i worked for. If I say this combo will give you bad issues at the moment, unless someone from AMD steps in with some real answers, trust me.

Alarmrings.jpg

In the Bios temp alarm is set to 70 degree's, at this point 4 thread, stress testing the buzzers going OFF. Note the temps 66 or is it 103 degrees and that's Celsius for us down here.

Less than 5 mins, either it should have come with the heatpipe cooler, OR these cpu's are crap.

temps wrong? well the crashing and bluescreening and reading page in non paged area's messages it gives whilst doing anything, is kind of a hint these are as stable as Donald Trump after reading some bad press.

• Re: Do not by the new Godvari APU's!! Warning to all.
          ifixit

I disagree here on my particular processor, your article refers to the 7870k a 95w processor with some dx12 updates, the 7860k MY processor is a 65w/45w processor, to do that, are you claiming same cpu architecture, or is godvari just a code name for a series of processors they develop and release using a name, like they always did and have done since they started , some maybe modded Kavari's they all may be, is there a 45/.65w kavari?

We already discussed the hardware in another thread, it's just faults after bugs upon unreliability and now overheating, god help me if I enable the onboard GPU? eh.

Bit cheeky on my hardware but I will forgive you, that GPU is rock solid, that motherboard was rock solid for a year on an A8-6600k, all I have done is upgrade to an A10-7860K to get PCIe3 and some small performance boost.

When they release zen, maybe I can afford the new MB and CPU. The easiest upgrade for my PC with the small windfall I had was that, bills mortgage, I have other things to pay for too.

Have you EVER seen a faulty CPU? ** EDITED BY MODERATOR **  So rare I haven't seen one i'd say was definitely faulty. They can be bugged, like the old NP Intel floating point bug years ago, but faulty? never, we distributed AMD and Intel CPU's to all the retailers in NZ, along with ingram micro at that time, we had thousands of CPU's in our stores. Not once did I swap out a cpu alone, and the problem disappeared. If your in the industry you know i'm pretty right, maybe someone else has, but I've seen volumes of CPU's never sent one back for RMA.

EDIT, sorry Jangawen, yes the 45/65 kavari has been out awhile too I see in some quick research., the opne thing I did find is this particular unit has a refined

The 7860K has a lower GPU clock  and lower CPU clock, but it's also got a refined power envelope.

the last bit is all the issues i'm having.. the refined power envelop? cutting off cores, overheating, etc, could be the motherboard is not reporting the correct results to the cpu, visa vie, ** EDITED BY MODERATOR **

arcticwind

ifixit

You are using the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3HP (Rev. #?) Motherboard, right?

You were using an A8-6600k, which used the FM2 socket, and the F1 BIOS.

You switched to an A10-8760k, which uses the FM2+ socket, and the F2 BIOS.

Did you clear the CMOS when you switched the CPU's?

Did you update the BIOS?

ifixit

NO

You are using the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3HP (Rev. #?) Motherboard, right? .....GB need better name differentiations.. GA-F2A88XM-HD3P rev 1 those last 4 letters.,.i have to keep checking the manual cover LMAO.

You were using an A8-6600k, which used the FM2 socket, and the F1 BIOS....... NO it's always had the F2 bios, FM2 cpu originally yes, cpu socket supports both. fm2 fm2+ cpu's

You switched to an A10-8760k, which uses the FM2+ socket, and the F2 BIOS?. ....: NO? switched A8-6600k to A10-7860k always had F2 bios came with F2 bios

Did you clear the CMOS when you switched the CPU's?......... NO and YES, I was given an F3a bios, By gigabyte techs through the support portal and shown how to reset bios on this board, which actually requires pulling battery pulling power placing the jumper on and leaving for ten minutes, then yes it was FULLY reset, New bios. something that was explained as the MB manual states to just jumper a pin to clear cmos. that didn't work.

Did you update the BIOS?........ YES to version F3a supplied by Gigabyte as yet unrelased, F2 had these issues. So they gave the F3a, I never had F1, the board came with F2.

for testing purposes,

GA-F2a88xm-HD3P bios version F3a A88XMHD3P.F3a - Google Drive

cheers

ifixit

J, you never worked in the industry at any level, I can tell else you would know that hardware combo and warning are a fair call for all those re-sellers out there.

Instead of pretending your an IT guru, leave it to the experts.

Don't take my word, Microsoft engineers escalated it instantly too teir 3 and said it's a hardware issue, Gigabyte took it seriously enough they sent Bios updates? If they thought it was faulty gear they would have said just send it for replacement ..GET IT?

apart from that.. it's a hardware compatability issue ** EDITED BY MODERATOR **

I am very sorry that I could not solve this very professional problem, so I deleted all my other replies.