artmods

FORGE CaseMod!

Discussion created by artmods on Jan 27, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2017 by artmods

5e9796b1-93b7-4342-b948-b6c72ff1c2e9_zpshpktrwog.jpg

Built by human. Forged in fire.

Warning: This Pre-Built AMD 64 x2 is about to be destroyed! Then brought back from the dead.

I want to thank my new sponsors ModMyMods and Silhouette, and now ALPHACOOL for supporting ArtMods and FORGE.

PC Water Cooling - ModMyMods.com - PC Watercooling Parts and Accessories

Silhouette America - Silhouette America

Alphacool

Welcome to the Forge

This Mod Is built off of a old Pre-Built HP. It bothered me... A LOT! So I decided I do some simple mods to make it better. Then I got carried away.

This mod is/was a "Live update" on twitter and still has a little bit more to go but is slowing down right now. So Join us for the finale! @ArtMods_  Enjoy!

All i can say is... EW, I gotta fix this box of coal.

2jcetjn.jpgmi2v4x.jpg

So ill tare it apart!

bihsl.jpgt8rmub.jpg

New Front Panel. Drawn, Cut, And Painted!

2yto1mf.jpg332uh7a.jpgt9idtw.jpg33uzgh4.jpg

All of this Acrylic is left overs, so I thought one piece looked kind of cool so I'm going to use it.

2mdiffd.jpg2vjoffr.jpg

I made a base plate to display the name "FORGE" and a PSU cover because I am using things that I have. The PSU is original to the case and is... well. Scary.

140g6ix.jpg111oy6h.jpgf4p8aa.jpg

Printed out the stencils on Vinyl, then I cut them by hand.

28itit1.jpg

Next I use this Putty to create the Molten Steel under the base plate. I highlighted hot spots I wanted to stick out.

344sjr9.jpg   2vl4io5.jpgsn32c9.jpg

I used acrylic paint after the putty dried (took 24 hours) I layered from Light to dark starting from a base coat of White and then dry brushed the yellow,orange, two different hues of red, brown and Carbon black.

k4x9pz.jpgdfaizc.jpg

I made the Decision that I am not using the original hardware, I am using Mini ITX and AMD Athlon X4 860k and Just because its the only GPU I have in my parts box... a 8800 GTX. Gotta try to find a "R series" GPU.

More to come!

Outcomes