This is kind of repost since I didnt read the Information required post so Im gonna try to post all here again.
First of all my laptop specs:
Laptop: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC (system info doesnt show exact model but its prob 15-p289sa)
Motherboard: Hewlett Packard 22C6
Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Video card 1: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M260 Driver version: 15.201.1151.1010
Video card 2: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8610G Driver version: 15.201.1151.1010
RAM: 8.0 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit
AMD Catalyst version 15.11.1 (its beta since i read it on other post and it seemed to work for other people)
Before it was 17.7.1
Crimson version doesnt work since it gives me error and you can see that in the picture link.
I have had laptop for year and half and that problem keeps coming back and now it looks like its here to stay. I recently reinstalled Windows and of course I installed all necessary drivers I need.
Problem is few days after that I get very low fps in games.(even low spec games) For example on Leauge of Legends my fps was capped at 23 on highest resolution and on lowest settings(i even changed settings to higher still same fps) and it only went to 60 fps max when I changed to lowest resolution. Keep in mind I usually run LoL at 120 fps which sometimes drops but its stable over 60. Keep in mind I had this problem before and it used to resolve itself or when I reinstalled drivers.
So here what I did this time:
1. I installed drivers thru device manager. Everything went okay no driver issues at all. I also downloaded catalyst control center because originally when I got this laptop I had same problem and control center fixed it.
2. I tried using amd detector software to download drivers but that didnt work since i get this error: http://i.imgur.com/oeMkC4f.png so I had to use catalyst software to download drivers and other amd stuff. Again no problems there but still fps issues. After that I used some kind of software(driverbooster) to download drivers.
Weird issue is that every driver installing gave me different driver version. Like amd catalyst gave me oldest ones then windows update and etc.
3. I also used DDU(driver display uninstaller) to deinstall and later reinstall drivers. I did this multiple times but it worked temporarily.
4. I also changed power options with the battery and with the control center nothing happend. I even used the configurable grahpics to set on high performance.
After that I was kind out of options so I tried to monitor my stuff to see what might be the trouble.
1. Afterburner. Afterburner showed me I have 6 gpus(5 of them were r7 m260), it also showed gpu core clock was stuck at 300 mhz no matter what(like went for 400mhz for 1 second then back)
Cpu usage was fine like over 50 precent or so. Temperatures on gpu were high too, but I had computer recently cleaned and also had thermal paste applied and they told there was not much of dust after 1 year of laptop usage so I dont know about that.
2. Cpu-z. This was kinda odd on grahpics tab it sometimes showed my r7 m260 card sometimes not and when it did show gpu core clock was still on 300mhz. Funny thing was when I disabled my r7 m260 it suddenly showed r7 m260 there. Thing is if it shows my r7 m260 properly I get good fps but if it doesnt well no good fps.
3. Hardware monitor. It showed both cards. But it showed 0 temps and 0 mhz gpu coreclock on r7 m260 and when it did show it was again stuck on 300mhz even when computer was idle or in game.
So what I think the problem is that my r7 m260 doesnt wanna work properly since sometimes monitor softwares show it and sometimes not. Even after many driver reinstalls I still havent found permament solution for this. For some reason gpu gore clock is stuck at 300mhz which is rather low but I have no idea how to fix it.
Device manager shows driver working properly every time so I dont know whats the issue. Should I open it and maybe clean something or replace card?
Forgot to mention that AMD Radeon HD 8610G shows 200mhz on gpu core clock and for some reason its now primary adapter atleast thats what control center shows before that it was r7 m260.
After trying Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta my AMD Radeon HD 8610G gpu core clock raised to 500 mhz but cpu-z doesnt show my r7 m260 still and hardware monitor shows 0C temp on r7.