5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 10:07 AM by redfury

HDMI stops working on TV with latest AMD Drivers

agonist5911

I've been fighting this for some time now, spent close to 10 hours today back and forth with Microsoft as well as turning off automatic updates and device installation. I assumed this was on there end and MS was just installing generic drivers. After removing their drivers and downloading straight from the website the HDMI connected to the TV just randomly stops and I get no signal. I'm having a very hard time finding information out here and never had to write a post before. I really need my TV to work because it is my only monitor for my desktop. Is it trying to render a res that my TV can't handle? Is there a way to adjust the settings? The AMD settings have absolutely no settings at all, all I can find is just information about my system and can't get into anything to change it. This has been driving me nuts for almost a year and my desktop is collecting dust. Even taking the system back to windows 7 gives me the same issues once the driver is installed. Everything works fine in safe mode or when the AMD software is uninstalled. Please help with this, I'm losing my mind!

Radeon Software Version - 17.1.1

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1050 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

• Re: HDMI stops working on TV with latest AMD Drivers
          redfury

TV model?

1.Delete C:\AMD folder

2.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 17.1.1 we will try later

3.It would be great if you could try another HQ HDMI cable.

• Re: HDMI stops working on TV with latest AMD Drivers
              agonist5911

Thank you for the timely response! The TV is a Samsung LED Model#UN40ES6100, Serial# Z4TK3CTCB13993F with latest firmware and software installed. This was a TV I used for 3 years on the same desktop. As I am writing, I recently installed windows 7 onto the desktop in hopes of installing a older version of the graphics drivers. The TV worked great for a good while as I installed system drivers. However once I installed the Windows 7 64 bit version of the graphics for my Sapphire HD 7870 2GB D5 card, which was generalized as 7800 series, almost instantly as the drivers completed it shut the display off. I am currently in the process of re-installing Windows 10 now that I know it isn't anything to do with the OS.

Now on to your solution, I will attempt to do everything you listed. I'm unfamiliar with DDU, but I will download it prior to going into safe mode. Thanks again for responding.