2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 12:12 AM by kingfish

Why do the drivers redownload?

jeffreyknipe

After asking me if I want to update drivers, to which I tell it to go ahead, the update system spends an hour pulling down over 150megs. Then it pops up a window that asks if I want to use my current drivers or the new ones. Naturally I click on the new one since this is an update process. The AMD driver updater then goes off to REDOWNLOAD the update, after about 20% of the download my connection drops and it lost it all. Really AMD! Your update software is very buggy and the flow makes no sense. I normally do manual updates but even there in the process of updating it has a check box to "automatically" update which is checked no matter how many times I uncheck it at each step.

I'm on mobile data here where I have very limited data and your updater (besides the updates being huge) is now wasting my money and time.

AMD 7670M on a Dell Inspiron 5520 running Windows 7 64bit. Currently running drivers v15.301.1901-160226a-29990 trying to update to 16.50.2011-161223a-310011C (WHQL).