7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 3:15 PM by dpesulima

No More Civ VI Keys?

dardar1989

I received my game code on the 12th for Civ VI which I registered on AMD Rewards website, after waiting a while I looked on here and Ray from AMD (the poor guy seems to be the only dude firefighting this issue) seemed to say that more keys would be arriving sometime this week. Today I got an email back on my AMD support ticket (in German I might add, being based in the UK I can't read it) I sent a week ago which seems to give me the option of choosing other games and that there isn't any more keys for CIV VI.

Is this the case or will there be more and I just need to wait a bit longer? The offered games don't interest me at all and I really wanted Civ VI, it was one big reason I decided to go for the RX480 graphics card in the end

Anybody else got their keys or received the same email?

• Re: No More Civ VI Keys?
          rayjay87

I've been gibven the same thing, AMD are bascially saying like or lump it and slapping us with T's and C's, if we accept the other games we are accepting this as a resolution to any possible complaint, so I suggest we hold aand wait for a good explaination

gilb55

I have the exact same issue - got sent the email in german offering games i don't want and are worth less than Civ VI, really hope this gets resolved properly

absolutnick

same here, ticket submitted on the 13th Jan, received email in german yesterday... Disappointing to say the least. I am not claiming any of the other games yet, in case this is resolved as it should be.

amdmatt

Unfortunately we ran out of CIV codes, so the only option is to choose a different game. Apologies folks, the demand for CIV keys was high and they ran out very quickly. Terms and conditions of the promotion here > https://www.amdrewards.com/amdrewards/files/AMDRewards-CivilizationVI_Radeon_terms_and_conditions_extension.pdf

gilb55

AMD have handled this terribly, the customer service has been appalling - I'm very tempted to sell the new card and go to nvidia just due to how I have been treated alone.

AMD clearly doesn't care about their customers, if they did they'd put things right properly by buying more steam codes themselves out of their own pocket, or by offering a better alternative - two of the other games would be a much fairer compromise.

And the way they've told every customer service agent to include a link to the Ts and C's is so irritating. As a UK lawyer with admitidly a limited experience in this area I'm not even sure it gets them out of anything!

dpesulima

so there is no chance that you guys are getting more Civ 6 keys from the developers?  I'm willing to wait it out...

khalahad

I bought my card on January 19th, and they were STILL advertising free Civ VI Keys. I can tell from looking at the posts on this forum that you ran out way before that. Continuing to advertise free stuff when you knowingly cannot fufill it, PLUS extending the promotion period after you have run out (From January to February) is pretty dang crappy if you ask me. I just got my e-mail telling me to pick another game. That is unacceptable. I am lodging a complain with the BBB and am going to make sure this gets posted everywhere so people don't get suckered into your BS promotions you can't fufill