7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 11:03 AM by redfury

A4-5300 Temps

dferron

I have an HP 6305 SFF with the AMD A4-5300 CPU on a Win10 OS. I am concerned about the CPU temps. At idle 105*F and general use like writing this or surfing 135*F. If I do any kind of video converting it will hit 180*F. The CPU fan (front fan on this system) does not accelerate with temp increase. I have removed the heat sink, cleaned and applied new thermal paste ... that reduced temp by about 4*F. HWiNFO64 shows CPU package right now at 106.7* - 125*, min 103.8*, max 166.6*, and avg 123.8*. Not sure what CPU(Tctrl) temps mean. Are these temp OK? Is my fan faulty for no speed increase? Are these higher temps the norm for these newer processors? Well, new to me anyway . My concern arises primarily from my older and retired WinXP AMD system that top temp was 110*F on a hot day. System is still under warranty, but don't want to return it after all the setup time and expense to do so.

Thanks in advance for the help

• Re: A4-5300 Temps

Hello dferron,

I wonder the temperature is read by the processor core or sensors of motherboard. A4-5300 is the budget processor, most chips have a comparably high core temperature, but quite low surface temperature. One could not cool it down use any conventional cooler, just forget it, if the surface temperature is acceptable.

Best Regards,

Aaron  Janagewen

dferron

Thanks for the reply. Bottom line need to know ... Are these temps OK? If I do any kind of video converting the "Current" temp increases to 180*F as reported by HWiNFO64. Perhaps these are not the temps that I should be concerned with. Is the CORE temp the one to be concerned with? If so, I just installed two monitors that shows the core temp at 44*F and 48*F. I am guessing that these two monitors are measuring CORE temps and the other HWiNFO64 is measuring something different. If they are measuring the same, then one is way off. So what is it that I need to be concerned about? How do I know if the surface temp is acceptable (there is no sensor between the heat sink and the CPU and no plug on the heat sink.

I just started a video conversion and HWiNFO64 jumps to 177*F on CPU package and 91*F on CPU (CTRL) the other two also report 91*F for CORE.

So confused. Probably shouldn't be, but I have been trusting the Speccy app for Piriform and perhaps reading the wrong value. .........

Can someone sort this out? I don't want to fry my CPU!

Temp.jpg             Temp3.jpg

Temp2.png

redfury

105*F=40C Your idle temp is OK

166.6F=74.4C it is nit OK,but tolerable.

I think you are using simple cheap CPU cooler(sorry if i am wrong)

Buy any CPU cooler for 15-20$ and your CPU temperature will be OK.

One more thing. Any overclock or voltage tweaking? Reset or update your BIOS to eliminate any possible BIOS errors.