1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2017 4:55 AM by redfury

AMD probably runed my PC

kurvapica123

Hi,

HD 5550, drivers with CD packed to it 6 years ago, worked all OK, except when I ticked HW acceleration in firefox. So I decided to update my drivers, downloaded the radeon-crimson-relive-17.1.1-minimalsetup-170118_web and it was not able to install the proper drivers at all. it said drivers are installed OK, but after restart windows told me there are no drivers or are broken, resolution 640x480. I tried to delete them, restart, reinstall many times. Nothing worked. Th en I tried to choose newest drivers manually amd-catalyst-15.7.1-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit and also, this did not work properly. Resolution and graphic appeared as OK, but whenever I tried to open anything, the program stopped to work. eg; VLC, VMware, or even a PNG image.  Then I put the original AMD CD into the drive, uninstall, install again, and again, problem persist. Used also amdcleanuputility. THen error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.

Therefore I am sure, AMD drivers (auto or manual, both) damaged my PC. If I would not want to update the driver, everything would go on (excelt FF HD acceleration)

So I am asking, what can I do now? I would love to sue AMD for crappy drivers, as I have no idea how such coders could get any job, if they mess up the drivers so badly.

AS I wasted 10 hours of my life with this, I think AMD should pay for their crappy product. Of course I regret this AMD card and will stick to INTEL, for REALLY OBVIOUS reasons.

Now I have to reinstall the WIn7 and that suck, backing up things, just too much time wasted thanks to AMD drivers!

damn.. what can i say to this...

Thanks for any help.