2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 8:30 AM by nihal

Question for PowerColor RX 460 4GB owners

nihal

Hi. I've been trying to figure an issue I'm having and I noticed that Radeon Settings reports my Current Bus Setting as x8 only. It should be x16. I tried the GPU on the single x16 slot of two different motherboards, and it's always x8 when at PCIe 3 speed. When at 1.1 the Current Bus Setting becomes "Not Available".

(I verified if some BIOS setting or connector was impacting my PCI lane, it's not this. Seems to be the GPU itself.)

Could you please take a look at your settings (Radeon Settings > System >  Hardware Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics Card) and report back with the bus speed and size, and the size of the slot you're using? Thanks!

• Re: Question for PowerColor RX 460 4GB owners
          black_zion

What does GPUz say? Also be aware that not even PCIe 2.0 x8 would bottleneck an RX 460.

jlk.gif

• Re: Question for PowerColor RX 460 4GB owners
              nihal

It says PCIe x8 3.0 @ x8 3.0 (when at PCIe 3.0). I'll take a look at what it says when set at 1.1 when I finish a test, but I can say HWiNFO reports x8 for PCIe 1.1 too.

I'm aware it wouldn't bottleneck, but it can be an indication of a bad card. I've been crashing with this card since I first bought it in December. Tried all the usual solutions (DDU clean install with different drivers, BIOS reflash and update, OS, even new hard driver), and the only thing that stabilizes it is running it at PCIe 1.1. I have a post discussing the issue already. I need to rule out what components aren't defective, and I haven't another PCIe 3.0 x16 mobo to try the card, nor another GPU to try here. On the PCIe 1.1 x16 second motherboard the card still reported x8 though.