5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 6:17 AM by redfury

Randomly no signal after windows 10 logo

ph03nix

Hi all,

For some months now, my desktop has been having this strange issue. When I boot my PC, it shows the bios menu, then starts up windows 10, shows the windows logo with the loading circle, and then, before any login screen, often (but not always) my monitors turn off and both display no signal, after which my computer won't boot further. Only hard resetting is possible, my keyboard does not get any signal either during that stage.

About one out of three times it does boot normally, but when it does, about half of the time the AMD drivers do not load properly and windows switches to intel integrated graphics. If the graphics do start normally, I do not have any issues at all.

I already tried reinstalling the drivers. When it was uninstalled, I did not get the issue again. When I reinstalled it, the issue came back. I also tried reverting to older drivers, to no avail (although I did not go back past 15.7.1). So I think it must be a driver issue.

I do not remember when these problems started, but I recently updated my mobo, cpu and memory, and before that got my new graphics card. I do not know if the mobo+cpu upgrade caused it or the graphics card, but I'm sure before them it did not happen.

My current specs are:

Operating System
         Windows 10 Education 64-bit
         CPU
         Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz
         RAM
         8,00GB Dual-Channel @ 1063MHz (14-14-14-35)
         Motherboard
         MSI H110M PRO-VH (MS-7996) (U3E1)
         Graphics
           monitor 1 MD32119PR (1280x1024@60Hz) (connected with HDMI cable with a DVI converter since my second dvi port always gives no signal)
           monitor 2

BenQ FP731 (1280x1024@60Hz) (connected with a vga cable using the dvi-vga converter)

gpu 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 370 Series (MSI)
        driverAMD Radeon 16.12.2, Crimson ReLive
         Storage
         74GB Western Digital WDC WD800AAJS-00PSA0 (SATA)
         931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)
         223GB SanDisk SDSSDHII240G (SSD)
         Audio
      Realtek High Definition Audio
      PSU
      OCZ modxstream pro 600w

I have looked through some of the posts here and saw similar issues of no signal during windows boot, but no one had my specs and the randomness of the issue. Can anyone help me out?