Sometimes when I reactivate the monitor from idle mode, this show a "white noise" screen for two seconds, then return normal.
So I think that this problem: "Display corruption or TDR may be experienced after applications wake up from a display timeout." is not fixed.
I think also that two seconds is the default TDR period. Most likely the card is locking up on coming out of low power state, Windows stops receiving any feedback from the device and issues a driver-reset.
I would know if it is a common problem or I must RMA my card.
With 16.11.5 I'haven't noticed the problem but once the screen remained black until I've restarted my computer, so I've upgraded my drivers.
No problem during any games.
- Motherboard: Asus P8Z68V-PRO
- CPU: Intel Core I7-2600K
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 12GB
- SSD: Samsung 840 Evo
- PSU: Chieftec CFT-600-14CS
- OS: Windows 10 X64
- GPU: XFX RX480 GTR Black 8GB (RX-480P8DBA6)
- Drivers: 16.12.2 and at the moment 17.1.1
Steps to Reproduce:
- Reactivating the monitor from idle/sleep state
- Tried reinstalling drivers after I've cleaned with DDU. Same problem with 16.12.1-2 and 17.1.1