1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 7:55 AM by black_zion

Rx480 unusual crashing

smckelvey13

I recently received a new power color devils red rx480 8gb along with a whole new system. The specs are

• Intel Core i5 6th Gen 6600K (3.50 GHz)
      • 8 GB DDR4
      • MSI B150M Bazooka Motherboard
      • 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM + 120 GB SSD
      • High Power 600w HPG-600BR-H14S
      • Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

The computer runs very well, except when I try to enter a game. For example Witcher 3, the game loads perfectly fine and I enter into the game. But within 2-3 seconds of being in the game/moving my screen turns a solid color and I get a low buzzing noise in my headphones. It is a new color every time. No shortcuts work and I have to manually reboot system every time. This happens with all the other games I've tried. I went into Wattman, undervolted and raised power limit, and then reverted back to 16.7.2 drivers. Got the same error. They only thing that worked for me was lowering memory and core clock in msi afterburner, and when I do that Fraps shows the fps to be 10-20 lower than what it was before this started happening. Does that mean it could be an issue with the PSU not being strong enough to supply the  card with enough power? Ill also attach a picture of my wattman screen, the memory and gpu lines are spiking all over the place with no applications running.