5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 6:20 PM by itstheyoshi

Driver Crashes, Screen Glitching and Black Screens(RX 470).

itstheyoshi

Okay so over the past few weeks I have been getting blue screens with the stop code VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE but since the latest driver update they seem to be fixed but now I am getting driver crashes instead. These crashes usually happen within 10 minutes of launching a game, usually causing me to reboot my system to get the driver up and running again. One thing to add is it seems that only a few games will cause this crash such as 7 Days to die, GTA V and Dolphin Emulator, while Overwatch has never crashed.

As for the screen glitching and black screens these happen together and only on startup from what I can tell. So what happens is I load to the desktop click chrome and then screen freezes and then it will turn different colours and have a "Glitchy" look to it, after this happens I got to a black screen and the computer restarts itself.

Specs:

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz

GPU: Asus ROG STIX rx 470 oc 4GB

RAM: 20GB @ 2400Mhz(Currently only 16GB)

MOBO: ASRock z170a-x1

Storage: 2x 120GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Other info:

Driver version: 17.1.1

GPU Test:

I have run FurMark for 1 hour with a max temp of 75C(When max temp set to 80C) and I also have run unigine heaven for about 5 hours with no issues.

Thanks in advance.