AnsweredAssumed Answered

Radeon R5 M330 Shows 0% Usage

Question asked by reza2kn on Jan 20, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 by redfury

Hi there.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 300-15ISK (80Q7) with 4GB Ram, Intel HD 520 Graphics and AMD Radeon R5 M330 and I'm running Windows 10 Pro X64

I've Installed so many drivers for both of these graphics and they all cause freezing and Blue Screen Errors (BSOD). Since after analyzing the dump files, I got so many hints that my problems are Ram related, Yet my Ram performed perfectly fine in a 145 Minute Memetest run, I thought that maybe there is a problem with the Intel Graphics, Which essentially gets all of its power from my Ram. So I decided to Get all (or most) of my programs to run with the AMD graphics card. I Installed the latest versions of both drivers, Set a Video player ( "PotPlayer" ) to run On High-Performance Mode, Plugged in My laptop, and opened a Full-HD video in the player.

As always, The AMD GPU usage remains at 0% in AMD System Monitor, No Matter what I do. Even Running Photoshop won't raise this to 1%.

I saw someone else having this problem here:

https://community.amd.com/message/2732761#comment-2732761

And The response that he got and apparently solved his problem seems odd to me.

Anyway, My question is this: I have set an application ( "PotPlayer" ) to run on High-Performance Mode, So why isn't there any usage registered in AMD System Monitor when I use that application and open big, heavy video files?

Thanks so much.

Good Luck

Outcomes