1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2017 3:20 PM by nw9jajan

RX 470 New Display Driver install Windows Crash

nw9jajan

Dear AMD!

I wish give a feedback, to help resolving 1 problem with RX VGA.

I have new ASUS STRIX RX470 4GB OC VGA. (Old AMD HD7850 1GB, working with no problem.)

Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 rev1.4 motherboard (F13b latest BIOS)

AMD FX8320 CPU.

After I installed the new VGA, the first PC power on, I have a strange crashed startup picture. (The boot up is working well, only the startup pictures is corrupted.)

When I switch off the startup picture, the BIOS message are correct displayed.

I think the Motherboard BIOS don’t initializing in the first sec the VGA correct, so this causing the corrupted picture.  (This problem is not critical.)

But the critical problem is:

When I installed the new Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 driver,(later same problem with the newest Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1 driver )

before "setup" adding the new display driver,

"setup" removing the old display driver, and the starting with the new display driver,

I have the same crashed pictures. Windows is working in the background, but the monitor pictures is crashed.

I think this is caused by the same problem as the BIOS start up pictures.

So I waiting the "setup"  for install the new display driver and start the new display driver, then crash the picture, I reset the PC.

Now the next start, pictures are working correct with the new AMD display driver,

then I start "setup" again, but this time I don’t install the new display driver (why already installed) “setup” is going 100% and working everything 100% correct.

I hope this help.

Thank you for your help.

I love the new AMD VGA. Its awesome.

Crashed pictures are in the attachment.

B.r.

Nw9jajan