AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem:  System crash followed by "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure"

Question asked by chris.k.h on Jan 18, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 by redfury

New PC build:

intel i-7 6700k

asus z-170-a motherboard

gigabyte rx 480 8gb card

windows 10 64 bit

2 sticks of corsair ddr5 ram (8gb ea)

corsair 750w gold power supply

Lg ultrawide monitor 60hz 1080p

Driver: I currently have 16.6 after reinstalling but i also had problems when i updated to 17.1 radeon crimson

Hey everyone, I hope that it is okay to post this here but i just installed my new gigabyte rx480 8gb card yesterday and it seems to be almost un useable. Every game i run crashes within 5 minutes and i am required to hard reset my computer.

I get a black screen during games and it requires a hard reset. When I reset i get a messages in the bottom right of my screen saying it was because of an unexpected wattman error and system settings have been restored.

-This has happened about 10 times today but happens as soon as i run any game.

- the games affected so far are fallout 4, ark survival, and smite: the initials crashes occured on maximum settings but still occured during minimum settings.

So far i have tried to:

• reinstalling all of my drivers (no option to avoid installing wattman) -adjusting my cpu/power usage to dynamic ( and undervolting)  in the wattman settings

Any help would be appreciated as i would like my card to be useable!

Outcomes