(I hope i posted this in the right place)
So like 2 months ago i bought this RX480. It worked GREAT until a few days ago. While playing csgo the fps will be avg around 100 but goes up to 200 and down to 30 all the time,
which makes it definitely impossible to play on a competitive level (or maybe even just playing the game at all). In games like Overwatch and Rocketleague the fps is also all over the places, most of the time under 60 fps. Strangely enough Rocketleague is actually kinda playable like that, which is nice...
Just going to write here what i noticed about the card looking at Wattman.
While NOT playing games:
- The activity % showing in Wattman spikes to 100% and 20% a few times but is most of the time 0%.
- Temp is 36 Celsius and the memory stays down at 300 MHz.
- GPU around 1000 MHz but is going up and down.
While playing CS:GO though:
- The activity % spikes a bit more often from 0 to 100%
- The memory suddenly starts going up and down from 300 MHz to 2000MHz.
- GPU is around 1266MHz
What's maybe worth mentioning is that I get these fps in csgo regardless of my visual settings. It even looks like that if I lower my settings the fps gets worse.
While playing Overwatch on Lowest settings:
- Temp 73, activity and gpu same thing.
- Memory going down sometimes from 2000MHz
The fps on Overwatch is most of the time under 60, but can go up to 100 for a split sec.
I'm not quite sure when these problems started. Maybe it was after updating the drivers.
I have already tried removing the drivers and reinstalling them but that didn't help.
I have never overclocked or tweaked things about the card. Just updated the drivers every now and then.
I hope i wrote everything needed and someone can find a solution to my problem, or did the card just break down?
Thank you in advance
-CPU: I5 4460
-PSU: Coolermaster gx500 (500w)
-win 10 64 bit
-Crimson Edition 16.12.2 (altough i just updated it to 17.1.1 but it doesn't show, maybe a bug? tried installing it twice with also restarting my pc twice.)