2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2017 12:57 PM by terrorizerxx

Does AMD support QuadFire setups any more?

terrorizerxx

Hi All,

I am just wondering if any of the latest games even detect more than 2 gpus or more.

I have 2x XFX R9 295x2's.

Quadfire WORKS on older titles such as Dying Light, Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, Metro Lastlight, Alien Isolation.

I can confirm with MSI Afterburner that all of my gpus are being utilized and can confirm positive scaling between 1, 2 and 4 gpus.

However the latest titles that I have run these cards and do not even detect more than 2 gpus.

Battlefield 1, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Hitman

I know these are not partnered AMD games but still worth mentioning

Witcher 3, Titanfall 2 (not sure if its AMD partnered or not).

Has AMD given up on Quadfire support? I would like an official answer so that I do not waste my time anymore.

• Re: Does AMD support QuadFire setups any more?
          amdmatt

No we have not given up support, but support is dependant on the games being friendly towards multi gpu. Furthermore, some games only scale with two GPUs, and the third/fourth GPU adds very little, or no performance increase at all.

Battlefield 1 currently only has support up to x2 GPUs in our drivers. I will pass on your interest in adding support for 3/4 GPUs. Deus Ex does not see much benefit in performance past x2 GPUs, same with Hitman.

• Re: Does AMD support QuadFire setups any more?
            terrorizerxx

Thanks for the reply.

So since support is dependent on the games being friendly towards multi gpu, is there a place where I can see which games (and upcoming games) will support Quadfire.

Currently all the latest games that I have don't support Quadfire and it's quite alarming.

I would like to utilize all 4 gpus. But unfortunately as it stands, it seems like I am wasting 2 gpus. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for passing on my interest in adding support for 3/4 gpus for BF1,

but is there a way to expedite this? Perhaps creating a ticket or maybe even having other members of the community reply to this thread as well that have 3/4 gpus setup?

So Deus EX HR and Hitman Absolution benefit from multi gpus beyond 2(I tested both of them and can confirm they are working with 4 gpus and are positively scaling)

but the latest iterations of those games don't?

Thanks once again.