3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2017 12:42 AM by goodplay

FreeSync 100% Broken since ReLive update, including 17.1.1

verrin

FreeSync will not work unless I roll back to 16.11.5. This was the last driver update to work with FreeSync. I've tried doing fresh installs with both DDU and the software AMD recommends. I've tried playing with a few driver settings, I've tried both the base windows and manufacturer monitor drivers and updating/downdating Windows 10. The only thing that is consistent is that anything with ReLive attached to it seems to break FreeSync. Every game I've tried will give screen tearing with vsync off while inside the FreeSync range of 30-144Hz. This is not the case with driver version 16.11.5 and previous. FreeSync is selected ON in the driver, and it does detect that this monitor is FreeSync capable and enabled. However, it appears to remain locked at 144Hz.

I'm at the point where I'm almost willing to mail AMD my system to troubleshoot this issue, because the fact they aren't even acknowledging it at this point is quickly making me loose my confidence in their software and hardware ability.

My Specs:

AOC AG271QX 27in 144Hz 1440p Monitor

ASUS B85M-E

Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury X

Intel Core i5 4690K