AnsweredAssumed Answered

Temperature Monitors

Question asked by cuse on Jan 15, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 by black_zion

Hello All and thank you for anyone that can give me some help.  I have searched around a ton and can't find a good answer and the searched range from, there is something wrong with your processor, to there is something wrong with the temp monitoring software, the bios, or this processor is the great and is begging to be overclocked.  So below is my question.

I have a 7890K on the Wraith Cooler with an ASRock A88M-G/3.1.  My Bios had idling temp about 40c, which I thought was not correct, seemed low.  The Bios now says that my idle temp at startup is 50c which seemed to be too high.  Bios still says 50c at idle.  I have both AMD Overdrive and Open Hardware Monitor installed.  Open Hardware Monitor says that my idle temp is 0c, max when I have had it open and seen is about 20c.  AMD Overdive says at idle my thermal margin is 70.  These processors have top temp of 70, but combining this with Hardware Monitor of 0c seems to say AMD Overdtive is also saying the temp is 0c.  I used a CPU-Z stress test and AMD OverDrive had thermal margin at 37, I did not have Hardware Monitor installed at the time so I didn't get to see a number from that.

What the heck is going on with this thing and is there something wrong with my processor, etc?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Outcomes