spoonbit

MOBO: Asus M5 A97 LE R2.0

CPU: FX 8350

RAM: 16 GB

Desktop

Driver: 16.50

PSU: 750 watt Rosewill Capstone 80 plus gold

GPU: RX 480 PowerColor Red Devil 8GB

So I just upgraded from an R9 Gigabyte 380x last night which I had zero problems with for a year to this new GPU and everytime I play a game, the PC locks up. The screen will turn a random color (Grey, black, green, blue). Ctrl alt delete does nothing. I have to reset my PC. I can navigate fine outside of games. Everything works except when I play a game. Temps look fine on everything. GPU idles at 43 C. Got up to about 80 C under full load. I ran FurMark for 20 minutes with no freeze yet when I play a game or benchmark, it will hang 5-10 minutes in or so. I tried Battlefield 1 and the Unreal Heaven benchmark. Overwatch also froze. The 3Dmark spy benchmark did not freeze however. I tried uninstalling the drivers and did DDU in safe mode and it still does the same thing. Updated the BIOS to the latest version as well. Don't really know what's going on. The tip of the card is touching a hard drive cage but I don't know if that has an effect. 80 C temp on full load should be fine. I'm assuming it's something to do with the mobo/card combo but I have no idea. Any help would be most appreciated.