5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 11:34 AM by kvexino

ATI Radeon HD 5470 openGL problem ?

kvexino

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 (5000 series)
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • HP G72 b40sq
      • Operating System
        • Windows 7 - 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-With-DOTNet45-Win7-64bit
      • Display Devices
        • Mobile PC Display / Samsung 173KT01-K01
      • Motherboard
        • Hewlett-Packard HP G72 Notebook PC
      • CPU/APU
        • Mobile DualCore Intel Core i5-480M, 2933 MHz (22 x 133)
      • RAM
        • 8GB - SK Hynix HMT351S6BFR8C-H9 and SK Hynix HMT351S6EFR8A-PB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.

I will start by saying that this problem started one month ago suddenly after a clean reinstall of windows 7 64 bit, same as it was before.

The problem starts when i want to open OpenGL games, i get error such as atiumdag.dll failed to start.

I want to say that i have clean installed latest ati graphic driver which is 15.7.1 for my video card.

Latest driver Name : amd-catalyst-15.7.1-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit.exe

The driver was installed correctly and I am sure 100% because I clean installed windows and the video driver as first driver but still same error.

Now what i want to say is that when i install an old driver Name : ati_catalyst_10.7beta_opengl_es2.0_win7_vista.exe the game starts but

the image in game is shaking and i understand that is because the driver is too old... or maybe I'm wrong

I have noticed another thing that dxdiag64-bit is reporting : Approx Total Memory : 173 MB which is wrong (with the latest driver)

with the old driver ati_catalyst_10.7beta dxdiag-64bit is reporting more than 2GB's.

• Details about applications/games affected (including version number)

Lineage 2 Helios

• Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)

Default ones but i have tried to disable vsync to enable it even triple buffering but no chance.

• If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

of the issue

Here is the report of dxdiag64

https://ufile.io/dbbd1

Difference between display files :

https://ufile.io/f595e

opengl check :

https://ufile.io/a1156

https://ufile.io/605eb

Another issue :

https://ufile.io/4c7a4

Video issue with old driver (10.7 beta)

https://ufile.io/8ec47

• Re: ATI Radeon HD 5470 openGL problem ?
          kingfish

Windows 7 must be fully updated before trying to install any AMD graphics driver. Go to Windows Update and run it. If it does not say "There are no more updates for your computer".....then keep updating until it does. This makes me think that wasn't done " The driver was installed correctly and I am sure 100% because I clean installed windows and the video driver as first driver but still same error."

Then install the 16.2.1 drivers > Legacy  Follow this guide for installing Intel/AMD graphics Laptop graphics update...How to

kvexino

How come that driver version ati_catalyst_10.7beta_opengl_es2.0_win7_vista.exe is doing great job excluding shaking image in game and 15.7.1 driver is not even let the game go in loading screen by fast crash, with error report :

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    L2.bin

Application Version:    0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:    583e8a9a

Fault Module Name:    atiumdag.dll

Fault Module Version:    9.14.10.1128

Fault Module Timestamp:    55c01dc3

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    003d3c15

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    0a9e

Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:    0a9e

Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Windows now have all updates but because you said i reinstalled the driver but no chance..

kingfish

"""""How come that driver version ati_catalyst_10.7beta_opengl_es2.0_win7_vista.exe is doing great job excluding shaking image in game and 15.7.1 driver is not even let the game go in loading screen by fast crash, with error report :"""""

Because it's a newer driver and requires the newest updates.

You have switchable graphics.....that requires TWO graphics drivers. One for AMD and one for Intel. They must be installed in the correct order. Follow the guide.

"""""Windows now have all updates but because you said i reinstalled the driver but no chance.."""""

I have no idea what this means.

From HP support:

Dynamic Mode switchable graphics: OpenGL applications cannot be configured to use the discrete GPU

When configuring the Dynamic Mode switchable graphics in the Catalyst Control Center, some computers do not permit any OpenGL applications to be associated with the discrete, or high-performance, GPU. The OpenGL applications will work using the integrated, or power-saving, GPU, but performance levels may be lower than expected.

kvexino

What can you say about this difference from dxdiag64 ? diference old new dxdiag.jpg