3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2017 4:33 PM by redfury

MSI/AMD R9 380 4 GB, flickering then crashing games.

multigamerclub

Im having difficulties playing some games that require some heavy graphics, and ive played these alot before.. But now that ive had my gpu for a while (1 year~). I kinda wanna to experience higher graphics on the gpu, but this leads to flickering and a sudden crash.. Not the entire computer, but the game itself.. Either its World of Tanks og Grand Theft Auto 5 with some good settings.

The first crash started a couple of days ago when i lowered the settings from HD client to SD client for higher fps and a better performance/experience with it, but that lead to a first crash when i increased the render-distance to max when it reset from switching, its kinda weird it doesnt crash on max settings on the HD version of World of Tanks, but when i switched. It certantly did flicker before it crashed :S

A little forward there, on steam this time, with Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA5), this one crashed too because i wanted to experience some higher settings. And i had about 1,200mb left of space on the "Graphics" settings in-game on GTA5. Which confuses me, because having highest on all on this game is 20-30 fps, with ups and downs. But when i changed a few settings it just didnt want to co-operate and the flickering before the crash, i could maybe have taken a screenshot, but i was too fast for me to even react (1-2s).

Specs are as follows; (Refering to this guide: *)

CPU - Intel Core i5-4570 3.20 GHz

GPU - MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4GB

RAM: 8192 MB (8 GB)

PSU: Cooler Master G550M

Motherboard: MS-7823

AMD version: 16.12.2 (Recently updated yesterday, i keep this gpu updated regurarly)

Display devices?;

Philips 273E LH & a second monitor called "Samsung SyncMaster 710N"

Philips got a DVI & the second monitor got a blue normal VGA (From the VGA to the pc, there's a converter from VGA to DVI into the pc)

I think this is it, hoping someone with experience can answer my question on how to prevent it. Im not really much of a technical guy, so yeah...

Note: This editor laggs with all the text, a bit of a delay when i write, can be a little annoying with removing words/spelling mistakes, but yeah.

Note 2: Can provide full DxDiag note if its required

- Thanks for reading / thinking of a solution, and sorry if my english or if there's some spelling mistakes ive missed, havent really improved over the years.- MultiGamerClub

CPU - Intel Core i5-4570 3.20 GHz (*) GPU - MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4GB (*) RAM: 8192 MB (8 GB) SSD: Intel SSDSC2CT180A4 (167 GB) (*) SSD2: HyperBox-SSD (465 GB) PSU: Cooler Master G550M (*)