AnsweredAssumed Answered

MSI/AMD R9 380 4 GB, flickering then crashing games.

Question asked by multigamerclub on Jan 13, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2017 by redfury

Im having difficulties playing some games that require some heavy graphics, and ive played these alot before.. But now that ive had my gpu for a while (1 year~). I kinda wanna to experience higher graphics on the gpu, but this leads to flickering and a sudden crash.. Not the entire computer, but the game itself.. Either its World of Tanks og Grand Theft Auto 5 with some good settings.

The first crash started a couple of days ago when i lowered the settings from HD client to SD client for higher fps and a better performance/experience with it, but that lead to a first crash when i increased the render-distance to max when it reset from switching, its kinda weird it doesnt crash on max settings on the HD version of World of Tanks, but when i switched. It certantly did flicker before it crashed :S

A little forward there, on steam this time, with Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA5), this one crashed too because i wanted to experience some higher settings. And i had about 1,200mb left of space on the "Graphics" settings in-game on GTA5. Which confuses me, because having highest on all on this game is 20-30 fps, with ups and downs. But when i changed a few settings it just didnt want to co-operate and the flickering before the crash, i could maybe have taken a screenshot, but i was too fast for me to even react (1-2s).

Specs are as follows; (Refering to this guide: *)

CPU - Intel Core i5-4570 3.20 GHz

GPU - MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4GB

RAM: 8192 MB (8 GB)

PSU: Cooler Master G550M

Motherboard: MS-7823

AMD version: 16.12.2 (Recently updated yesterday, i keep this gpu updated regurarly)

Display devices?;

Philips 273E LH & a second monitor called "Samsung SyncMaster 710N"

Philips got a DVI & the second monitor got a blue normal VGA (From the VGA to the pc, there's a converter from VGA to DVI into the pc)

I think this is it, hoping someone with experience can answer my question on how to prevent it. Im not really much of a technical guy, so yeah...

Note: This editor laggs with all the text, a bit of a delay when i write, can be a little annoying with removing words/spelling mistakes, but yeah.

Note 2: Can provide full DxDiag note if its required

- Thanks for reading / thinking of a solution, and sorry if my english or if there's some spelling mistakes ive missed, havent really improved over the years.- MultiGamerClub

CPU - Intel Core i5-4570 3.20 GHz (*) GPU - MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4GB (*) RAM: 8192 MB (8 GB) SSD: Intel SSDSC2CT180A4 (167 GB) (*) SSD2: HyperBox-SSD (465 GB) PSU: Cooler Master G550M (*)

Outcomes