2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 9:28 AM by radsy

Windows freezes and black screen when starting it up again.

asgorn

Hello, i have recently formated my notebook and installed windows 7 again. Since i´m  going through the driver downloads, i´m worried that i might get the error that i stated on the title. I has happened to me twice before and i dont remember what i did to solve it. I have a AMD R9 M200X, but when i go download the video driver on the dell website, there are only drivers for 8850M, wich was the graphic card that i was supposed to recieve on my laptop, but for some reason they decided to change it to the r9 m200x. If i intstall the video driver from there, it will be "fine" but if i try to update it my windows freezes after the screen blinks 2 or 3 times, so im forced to turn the latptop off and when i turn it back on i get a black screen after the windows logo. The only way i found to solve that is to format the windows again, wich is a big pain. Right now i´m downloading the driver i found on the amd site especifically for the r9 m200x, i´m just worried about  getting that error again. What to do?

Sorry for english errors, its not my main language.