1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 2:26 AM by janagewen

I have FX8150 processor, which chipset board ( Asus / Gigabyte ) will support ?

subrata

I had ASUS M5A99X-EVO R2.0 motherboard, but board has Graphics Chip issue which cannot be recovered as warranty has over. So i need New motherboard. Does the processor support 970chipset ? Actually i want on board graphics board which can run without graphics card. Please help me out.

• Re: I have FX8150 processor, which chipset board ( Asus / Gigabyte ) will support ?

Hello subrata,

Please take a look at http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-8150.html , where it says this processor has a TDP of 125W, so you need a motherboard which supports processor of 125W or above. All the 9 series chipset from AMD lacks of integrated GPU unit. So your desired motherboard might be based on the chipsets designed for AM2/AM2+/AM3 rather than AM3+, such as AMD 890GX, 880G, 785G and so forth. For its days, the vendors were busy with selling out the stock phase-out chipsets such as NVidia GeForce 7025/7050, they brought those chipsets onto the motherboards with support of AM3+. This is only a quasi support solution, because those phase-out chipsets lack support of HT 3.0, only forcing the processor working under 1000MHz of HT.

The most idealised chipset is AMD 890GX/880G, the most possible to get is the motherboard based on GeForce 7025.

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen