9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 6:22 PM by kingfish

Can't boot after graphics driver update 1/9/17

coltonwishy

I was just notified of a new driver today, so I went ahead and installed. I then went on to play some video games as I do on most nights, when suddenly my game freezes without warming, and I was forced to perform a hard shutdown. When I went to go reboot my computer, neither my two monitors nor my TV screens came on. All black, and displaying no signal when turned on/off. You can see/hear the lights, fans, etc inside the computer when the power button is pressed, however. I used the cables I do now, and plugged my monitors into another PC, and they worked without error. I don't think I fried my card when it was running at 60 C, and the fans on it are still spinning when the PC is on, so I can only attribute it to the new drivers.

Unlike other posts I've seen here, I get no boot screen whatsoever -- I don't even see my BIOS flash up. The screens stay off the entire time. Any help would be awesome. I'll post some of my relevant specs, but I'm going off of my mind, seeing as to how I'm unable to access my PC. Any help on the matter would be amazing, seeing as to how I have a pretty significant amount of schoolwork stored on there.

Motherboard: MSI 990FXA
      CPU: AMD FM3+ 6350
      GPU: Sapphire R9 280x