6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 2:05 PM by warsun

144 hz not working

portrayer

Hi

I just brought a AMD Radeon RX 480

I installed the new drivers and I can't get the 144hz to work in the radeon driver settings, it only shows 120hz and when I try 144hz it says my monitor isnt compatible (I have Iiyama PLG2488H Red Eagle)

Display Port connection.

I had a gtx 660 ti before that and 144hz worked fine on that.

Could someone tell me what's the matter, is it the AMD drivers or what?

• Re: 144 hz not working
          redfury

Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5            16.12.X drivers are unstable

Try to disable Freesync (for experiment) because it is most noticeable difference between RX 480 and GTX 660 Ti in terms of DP connection.

portrayer

Hi

I managed to get 144hz after tweaking some settings in radeon driver settings.

I have another issue though, I get video_tdr_failure error every time I play games.

I have had a chat with Sapphire and they asked me to contact the reseller for a hardware check but I am unable to get a straight answer from Ebuyer.com

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue or could it be a faulty card. I tried different driver versions and always uninstalled previous ones using DDU in safe mode, also tried updating the bios and flashing it but nothing seems to help, I get the error regardless. I really like this card and don't want to change it as it meets all my requirements for gaming.

Spec:

Intel I7 7700K

16GB DDR 4 2400mhz

Asus Strix H270 Motherboard

550 Watt XFX Bronze Certified Power Supply

RX 480 8GB Sapphire Nitro+

warsun

Just so you know.FreeSync works at 144Hz using the DVI-D port and the DPI Display port connection.So if you are trying to get 144Hz performance an you are using HDMI you may be able to get 120 but not 144.Just so you know.I`m not judging just saying.

portrayer

Unfortunately I don't have a different pc setup to test it on at the moment, hence why Sapphire recommended a hardware check from the reseller. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit and I am using a DisplayPort connection and was using that same connection on the GTX 660Ti

warsun

Well you need one of these cables for it to work.I had this problem on Fallout 4.The problems where Freesync wouldnt work on some connections.You need DVI or you need a Display port connection.Find out what your monitor supports an what your graphics card supports.I am not gonna assume anything.I am gonna let you work it out in your head how this works.You may need a new cable to get this working right.Just letting you know.