2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 6:16 AM by redfury

eyefinity freesync R9 390x

dionp

Hi All,

I'm wanting to upgrade my 3 screen eyefinity setup to free sync. I have an R9 390x with the following ports DP, HDMI and DVI-D. I've found some monitors which are freesync compatible over DP and HDMI but that would only enable 2 screens. Can i convert the DVI-D port to either HDMI or display port to run free sync on a 3rd screen in an eyefinity setup?

If so what would i need converter wise?

• Re: eyefinity freesync R9 390x
          ismithers

Does the monitor support FreeSync over HDMI? Last I looked which was some time ago, there were almost none availble. What resolution are you aiming at, because you could run into throughput limits on the cable.

• Re: eyefinity freesync R9 390x
            redfury

1.DVI connection has no Freesync support

2.To enable Freesync in 3 monitor Eyefinity configuration you need 3 identical monitors with DP MST support or 3 identical DP monitors and MST hub or 3 DP outputs.

3.For 3 FullHD monitors you need 1 MST hub or 1 DP output for daisy chain connection or 3 DP outputs

For 3 WQHD monitors you need 1 MST hub and 1 DP output or 2 DP outputs for daisy chain connection or 3 DP outputs

4.Maybe it will work if one of monitors will be connected via HDMI ,but i am not sure